Official Rules for the etnies The Planet is Your Playground Photo Contest
1. Introduction: Source Interlink Media, LLC (owner of GrindMedia) and Sole-Technology, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is offering the etnies The Planet is Your Playground Photo Contest (the “Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be thirteen (13) years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Contest begins at 09:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Monday, June 25, 2012 and ends at 05:00:00 p.m. P.S.T. on Sunday, September 2, 2012.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.etniesplayground.com/
(“Web Site”), during the Contest Period, and click on the “Enter” link. BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE, YOU MUST EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICIES OF THE WEB SITE AND GRINDMEDIA. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE OR ENTER THE CONTEST. Entrants are required to submit a photo, including the address, of a location anywhere around the world and a description explaining why the entrant considers that location to be an ideal “Playground” destination. All photos must not exceed 5MB and must be submitted in one of the following formats: gif, jpg, or jpeg. The written description must be in English and up to 500 characters in length outlining why it qualifies as your idea of an ideal Playground. Entrant must also provide first name, last name, a valid email address and date of birth. You will be required to agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. If you are selected as a Prize Winner in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsors signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsors permission to use his or her image/likeness. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsors in its’ sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Maximum of ten (10) entries per entrant.
5. Judging Criteria: One (1) winner will be selected by combination of user voting and a judging process in which a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”) will evaluate each eligible Submission based on the Judging Criteria set forth in this document. Voting Period opens: 12:00:00 am Monday, September 10, 2012 PST and closes: 11:59:59 pm Wednesday, October 10, 2012 PST. Votes will be gathered during the Voting Period during which users will be able to vote online one (1) time per photo per day. User voting results will count toward 50% of the overall score. Judging Criteria will count toward 50% of the overall score. The entry with the highest overall score will be identified as the Winner. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by an Entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsors the right to disqualify Entrant in its reasonable discretion. Entrants agree that the Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsors are final and binding. Entrant to be selected as the potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Participants agree to be bound by the rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final and non-appealable. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail message on or about Monday, October 22, 2012. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received.
6. Prizes: A trip package for two (2) to Hawaii. Trip package includes the following accommodations: airfare ($2,000.00 retail value); Skydiving ($300.00 retail value); 3-Night stay at Turtle Bay Resort ($1,200 value); Dinner at Lei Lei’s ($200.00 retail value); Semi-Private Surfing Lesson ($261.78 retail value); Surfer Bar tab at Turtle Bay Resort ($100 retail value); $500.00 cash spending money; and a BBQ feast at etnies house ($100.00 retail value). Prize Limitations: You must be 18 years old or older to skydive. 16 years old with parental consent on site. Weight limit is 250 lbs (113 kg) and there is a $10 supplement for each 10 lbs over 200 lbs. The instructor must approve all students over 200 lbs. Must be in reasonable health and fitness. If in doubt winner should consult with a doctor prior to skydiving. No scuba diving within 24 hours of skydiving. Must travel between the dates 12/12/12 – 12/15/12.
7. Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $4661.78. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsors in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsors will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
8. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant's consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsors any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by the winner's parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that Sponsors and those acting under the Sponsors’ authority may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE ENTRANT/WINNER AGREES THAT SPONSORS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSORS’ OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
9. Miscellaneous: All entry information (except for image submissions) becomes the sole property of Sponsors and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winners List: The list of prize winners will be available by writing to Source Interlink Media, LLC, c/o etnies The Planet is Your Playground Photo Contest, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245, Attn: Legal after January 17, 2013.
12. Sponsors: The Sponsors of this Contest is: Source Interlink Media, LLC (owner of GrindMedia), whose address is 831 S. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 and Sole Technology, Inc., whose address is 26921 Fuerte Drive, Lake Forest, CA 92630.